PREIT Launches Local Mother’s Day Diaper Drive
PREIT Properties Partner with Nonprofits to Support Hundreds of Families in Need
PHILADELPHIA, April 22, 2021 – PREIT (NYSE:PEI) is celebrating Mother’s Day by supporting families in need in the Greater Philadelphia Area. Prior to the outbreak of COVID-19, one in three families struggled to provide clean diapers for their children, according to the National Diaper Bank. From Friday, April 30 through Sunday, May 16, PREIT will raise awareness and host collection boxes for diapers and related supplies benefiting struggling families with small children.
Regional PREIT properties will be participating in the Mother’s Day Diaper Drive campaign, and each has partnered with a nonprofit organization within the shopping destination’s local community. Participating properties and nonprofit partners include:
- Capital City Mall (Camp Hill, PA) – YWCA Greater Harrisburg / Health Steps Diaper Bank
- Cherry Hill Mall (Cherry Hill, NJ) – Center For Family Services
- Cumberland Mall (Vineland, NJ) – Center For Family Services
- Dartmouth Mall (Dartmouth, MA) – The United Way of Greater New Bedford
- Exton Square (Exton, PA) – Maternal & Child Health Consortium
- Francis Scott Key Mall (Frederick, MD) – Care Net
- Jacksonville Mall (Jacksonville, NC) – Onslow Women’s Shelter
- Magnolia Mall (Florence, SC) – A Choice to Make
- Mall at Prince George’s (Hyattsville, MD) – Greater DC Diaper Bank
- Moorestown Mall (Moorestown, NJ) – Center for Family Service
- Patrick Henry Mall (Newport News, – VA) – Menchville House
- Plymouth Meeting Mall (Plymouth Meeting, PA) – The Greater Philadelphia Diaper Bank
- Springfield Mall (Springfield, PA) – The Greater Philadelphia Diaper Bank
- Springfield Town Center (Springfield, VA) – Fairfax Diapers
- Valley Mall (Hagerstown, MD) – Children in Need
- Viewmont Mall (Scranton, PA) – Joseph’s Center Baby Pantry
- Willow Grove Mall (Willow Grove, PA) – The Greater Philadelphia Diaper Bank
Shoppers can locate the collection boxes throughout the retail and lifestyle centers and within various tenant stores. Each property’s website will highlight the mission of the organization and share additional information about the collection box locations as well as a list of donation needs.
“This Mother’s Day, we are pleased to help shine a spotlight on this critical need for families in our communities”, said Joseph F. Coradino, CEO of PREIT. ” The past year has been challenging for many, but the pandemic has disproportionately impacted underprivileged young families. We are proud to partner with leading area nonprofits to expand their supply of these family essentials.”
In addition, shoppers can enter to win PREIT’s Ultimate Mother’s Day giveaway. Starting Friday, April 30, through Mother’s Day, each property will be giving away three gift cards totaling $100 each via their social media channels.
For more information about collection box locations and gift card giveaway, please visit the individual property’s website and social media channels.
PREIT (NYSE:PEI) is a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns and manages distinctive real estate in high barrier-to-entry markets at the forefront of enabling communities through the built environment. PREIT’s robust portfolio of carefully curated retail and lifestyle offerings mixed with destination dining and entertainment experiences are located primarily in densely-populated, high barrier-to-entry markets with tremendous opportunity to create vibrant multi-use destinations. Additional information is available at preit.com or on Twitter or LinkedIn.