This Privacy Notice provides an overview w of the information Pennsylvania Real Estate and Investment Trust (“PREIT”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) collects about you when you use our website preit.com (the “Website”), how we use this information, with whom we share it, and the choices you have in connection with this.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information We Collect Directly From You
Through your use of our Website, PREIT may collect information that personally identifies you. You will be required to provide us with this information if you choose to engage with certain features of our Website. You can choose whether or not to provide us with this information, but if you choose not to, some features of the Website may not be available to you. Specifically, we collect information from you when you:
- Apply for employment. When you apply for employment with PREIT, we will collect your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, your resume, employment history, and educational history. You also have the option to provide us with your race/ethnicity, gender, veteran status, and disability information for affirmative action and EEOC compliance purposes. We collect and use this information to manage and consider your application with PREIT and as necessary to comply with the law.
- Contact us. When you contact us or send us any questions or inquires, we collect your name, email address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, communicate with you about the Website, and address any issues.
- Participate in our sMALL Surprises Program. If you participate in sMALL Surprises, we will collect your name, email address, physical address, and payment information (payment card number, expiration date, and CVV). In order to personalize the program for your child, we will also collect your child’s name, address, gender, and date of birth. We use this information to process your payment, fulfill the sMALL Surprises box, and to provide a personalized experience for your child. We may also use this information to send you marketing communications on PREIT services we feel may be of interest to you.
- Subscribe to PREIT’s mailing list. If you subscribe to our mailing list to receive more information from PREIT, we will collect your email address. We use this information to send you information on PREIT and marketing communications we feel may be of interest to you.
PREIT may also use your information collected for the above purposes to defend our rights and the rights of others, to efficiently maintain our business, and to comply with the law as described in how we share your information.
Information Collected Automatically
- Usage information. This includes which pages on our Website you visit, the frequency of access, time spent on each page, and referring website details.
- Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device Information. This includes certain information about the device you use to access the Website, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and your preferences.
To collect this information, our Website places the following cookies on your device:
- Essential cookies. We use essentials cookies to prevent fraudulent use of the Website, and to allow the Website and its features to function properly.
- Functional cookies. We use functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality, to diagnose server and Website errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Analytics cookies. We use analytics cookies to conduct data analytics on the Website. Data analytics allows us to recognize and count the number of visitors to the Website, see how visitors interact with the Website, and identify when visitors are using the Website. This helps us to improve our Website and the services offered thereon.
The analytics cookies we employ on our Website include:
- Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance here.
- Google Tag Manager. We use Google Tag Manager, a tag management system, to manage tags used for the analytics on our Website. Tags are small code elements that, among other things, are used to manage traffic and visitor behavior and to test and optimize websites. We utilize Google Tag Manager to manage and organize all tags on our Website and to control when those tags are triggered. You can view more information about Google Tag Manager’s privacy practices here.
How We Share Your Information
PREIT may share your information for the following purposes:
- Within PREIT. Where necessary, we may share your information within PREIT and our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, in order to efficiently carry out our business and to the extent permitted by law.
- With service providers. We may share your information with our service providers to perform functions on our behalf and to help us administer the Website and services offered thereon. These service providers include our web developers, our communication vendor, our payment processor, personal stylists for the sMALL Surprises Program, and our creative agency.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share your information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share your information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- To prevent harm. We may share your information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- For legal purposes. We will share your information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
Your Information Choices
- Amend your email. To amend the email address we have on file for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook Pixel. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance here.
- Google Analytics. You can control the information provided to Google by using one of the methods set forth here. You can also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics which can be found here.
- Marketing emails. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you notifications necessary to the Website or other services you request. You can disable GetResponse email tracking by blocking automatic loading of images in your email.
- Cookies. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please click here. Please note that each browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, click on the appropriate browser: Firefox, Firefox IOS, Firefox Android, Safari, Safari Mobile, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera. To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website. Please note if you reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of our Website may not function properly.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your browser. For further details, click here.
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
The Website and the services offered thereon are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post the changes to this page, and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights we will notify you by prominently posting a notice on our Website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Pennsylvania Real Estate and Investment Trust
Attn: General Counsel
2005 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
This Privacy Notice was last modified on August 3, 2020